Wednesday, October 04, 2006

visit from family

I had a wonderful visit this past weekend from some of my family! My mother, step-father, grandmother and mom's best friend came to visit Rachel and I out here on the West Coast! We had a very fun visit, spending a lot of time travelling to some of the fun things and places near us! Feel free to check out the pictures that I have posted on my flickr. I also have added some new pictures to my profile here, so feel free to look at those and comment!

a quick overview- they arrived on thursday evening just in time for me to hear from my piano player that she would not be at worship practice, so with practice cancelled, we helped the check into the hotel and then had them over for dinner (a crock pot meal we'd been cooking). I spent most of the day friday with them- getting a start later in the morning- going to lunch with Rachel around noon time and then taking them to a few places around (noteably- up Mt. Ashland near us which is almost on the California border). Saturday, we got an early start and went to the Redwoods, including driving through a tree and also went to the southern Oregon Coast. It was a GREAT day.


Sunday, I had arranged to preach in church and we had a pot-luck following. After that, we took the rest of the afternoon to drive up to Crater Lake. It was the first time Rachel and I had been, despite my desire to have gone many times this summer. It was simply amazing!!!


It was great to have some more familiar faces out here and wonderful to spend time with everyone. While i know not everyone can, rachel and I would love to entertain any of our family and friends who can come to visit us. That's all for now (been quite busy) but I hope to be posting some more topics in the near future as food for thought. don't forget to check out the pictures from this weekend.

1 comment:

luke middleton said...

Your Crater Lake picture became my wallpaper at home and work for a couple days. Unbelievable. So glad I got to see that photo. Thanks for posting it.

I'm really hoping some day (tomorrow would be great...but if not then, then sometime in the next five years) to be able to drive cross-country with Kristin (and maybe a few friends). The northwest is what I really want to see more of. Hopefully, we'll get to see you guys out there sometime. I have no idea how and when, but crazier things have happened (like me helping you move out -- who saw that coming?).