Thursday, June 09, 2005

going to hell

So a guy came up to me while i was at the gas station the other day- i'd stopped in to get some milk and a candy bar. This guy walked up to me as i was walking back to my car and told me this- "You are going to hell! You need Jesus to save you or else you're going to burn in hell forever." Or something like that- i'm not sure i've got the exact quote.

For some reason, I was really bothered by this. I mean, this was disturbing news that I was going to hell- especially since I am a Christian and a pastorat a Christian church. That certainly is disturbing...

Well, I say this because i want to get a discussion going. Discuss one or all of the following (i'm hoping more people than my wife and luke read this now).

  • the effectiveness of street evangelism
  • the effectiveness of condemning someone to hell
  • the effectiveness of preaching to an audience you do not know/understand
  • the possibility that there is more to Christianity than simply "fire insurance"
Go!

No comments: