Wednesday, December 07, 2005

I'll be home for Christmas...

I'm home. for the first time in a long time... home. Rachel and I finalized on an apartment in Medford, OR today. We are moving in tomorrow- our trailer with our furniture and stuff is going to be delivered tomorrow for us to unload. I'm not writing this from my new "home", but in a very REAL sense, I'm home. I've been here for less than a week, but i've been working some at the church, did a worship practice tonight, and have been planning a few things... I feel like some of the kids in the youth group already like me a lot- one of the kids who is the drummer told me that he would has not been this excited about practicing, or worship, for a long time. that's pretty good..

so i'm settling in. moving in tomorrow... and I feel like this is right. it'll take a little while to feel comfortable with the area, but it's kinda like the area i grew up in- on a larger scale- instead of the one, big sprawling suburb of the east coast, this is town here, town there, but... larger scale. it's a beautiful area- it was mostly cloudy today, but the breaks in the clouds, the sun coming through- it was as beautiful as you could imagine... there are mountains pretty much all around us- i can't WAIT to get an hour and a half west to the coast, or up to Crater Lake.

But I feel good- a little overwhelmed- there's a LOT to do in the settling in, moving our stuff, getting an apartment and just the whole moving/Christmas/busy time of year anyway- i feel like it's going to take me a while till i get totally comfortable, get a bit of a schedule going on, and my second job- whatever that may be.

Long story short- so far we feel pretty loved. When we move out of Kerry and Terri's house and are on our own again, and not around people as much, who knows what we'll feel, but...

This is going to be good... we're going to do well here. Just pray for us- but not pray for us like we're struggling. pray for us, we're on our big step of faith. But we're good... we're praying- pray with us.

No comments: