Thursday, October 07, 2004

Who in the world wants a Blog?

I signed up for a blog so i could post responses on a friend's blog. and if you can't tell, i'm going to try to use the term blog as much as i can in this blog. no- seriously- i'm joking. My friend has used this as a way to get thoughts and concerns out there, and asking for responses. So I respond to them- often with my own take and my own rant about it- half of those responses could be a post of their own, and....

There are issues that i deal with that i look for an outlet on at times.

Today- change. People change all through their lives. I am engaged and my fiancee has changed since we started dating, not too long ago. There are people who resist change, who don't like change, and ultimately, they are affected by that change. And so they get offended at her, take cheap shots and hurt her. The only reason no one around here is complaining about me changing too is because i have been here so short of a time that they don't see what has happened to me.

It is funny- some of these people were pushing so hard and so happy for us when we finally got together, and now they see that she does not spend as much time with them, has a different view of them, and acts differently toward them. This is part of her being put into the limelight of the church, in which we are still struggling to live. Ultimately, she has a different relationship with them- which is not bad, because change is an inevitable in life, but these people are not happy with change.

Here's my rant- why do people resist change so much? It is something that we always face- whether it be people in our churches, or friends in our lives, or stages of life. I have a best friend from high school whom I rarely speak to anymore- we're still friends, but he is married and lives in Texas trying to go to school and work. And i thought i had it rough...

Change- the only thing constant in life. Or maybe we should all just stay the same. That way, when a 40-something year old acts like a teenager, we can all say- it's ok, change never happens.

No comments: