Saturday, July 01, 2006

everything will be ok?

So, I was at the Northwest District Wesleyan Youth Camp this week with 5 of my teenagers. Hopefully I will reflect and share more on my blog about that (both here and myspace). But for now, I want to reflect for a moment on something that is fit for this blog, which no one in my church or with connection to my current church know of or reads.

On thursday, our District Superintendent came to camp and shared with our teens in the morning rally. It was a great talk that my teens absolutely loved (especially when they saw him and his white hair, they thought he'd be boring). But aftward, he and I got a chance to talk. All of these frustrations I've had since moving out here have been weighing on me. And Rachel and I are... Well, not trying to move on, but unsure of how much longer we really belong here... But I got to share these things with Karl and it was very relieving to me.

I shared some of my biggest concerns, the biggest of which is not having the church reach out to us, but even more, our senior pastor, who has expressed wanting a friendship relationship with us (Rach and me), not reaching out very much to us, either. He and his wife are very non-expressional and Rachel and I don't feel close to them. We woudl go to others with major issues before going to them. So we want to get that. It was great to get that out and share this and many other concerns with my DS.

I love being in a denomination. I love being able to share such things with a guy above my senior pastor and just be able to talk things off him and have a good listener, person with experience and more to share back with me. his job is basically to shepherd the shepherds, which is not an easy job, but... nonetheless- I am very happy to be able to share with him and figure out what's just me and what is real stuff to bring up.

I plan to talk with Kerry about a couple things sometime this week, or at the very least, soon. Pray for me as I do- I want this to work out right now cuz we're not quite ready to leave.

No comments: