Wednesday, July 12, 2006

just wasn't thinking

See, that's the problem right now. I honestly don't think that I've been thinking much recently. I am an intellectual person, stimulated by intellectual conversation and very much a thinker. I love good books, good conversation, good debate and I have a tendency to do well in school situations if I can focus enough to do required readings, etc.

But I have this problem. In general, with these things at least, I guess I'm lazy. I haven't finished a good book in quite a while (though i've started some). I have a large number of books on my bookshelf in my office which have not been read completely through. But I REALLY do want to read them!!

Today, I began to dig in to some of my books- a few in one day! Wow- forgot how much I loved the thrill of challenging my intellect, of interacting with great thinkers, disagreeing, following arguments, whatever! Perhaps I've tried to do some of these things online but have not failed- while I love reading friends blogs that deal with deep issues, my concentration on the internet is not very good. Reading a book- my attention is all there.

So I guess I'm starting fresh today- I want to break out of my laziness and challenge my intellect again! To read good books, to think about things more deeply. I must have been using it at least a little bit because it was not strenuous to read today. I just want to get more into it.

No comments: