Wednesday, July 05, 2006

of gasoline and cow juice

back in 1998 (December of '98) when I got my first car as my early high school graduation gift, gasoline cost around $1.45ish/gallon. It's nott that it was terribly expensive, but just that I didn't have a job or money to fill my tank. but as I was talking about it, a older friend of mine commented that he was just glad we didn't run our cars on milk, which was at that time, between $2.50 and $3.00/gallon. It's not so much anything special about cow-juice, it was more just for the comparisson that there are things that cost more than gasoline.

Now here I sit, 7 1/2 years later. I'm on the other side of the country (Oregon now, compared to northern Maine then) and I wonder... Who's going to be the genius that makes a milk car. I honestly wonder what costs more per gallon than gasoline now and think of how I paid less than $2.50 the last time I bought a gallon of milk. So why can we not somehow start running our cars from the milk of cows? It's a more renewable source of energy.

So, if you're a scientist and you come across this, I think the next great idea should be for someone to make a car that runs on milk. that would be awesome!

No comments: